What Is Sundefend Lip Balm?
Sundefend Lip Balm is a topical product that helps to protect the lips while keeping them soft and supple. The thinning of skin around your lips and the appearance of wrinkles is natural as you get older or suffer from sunlight over-exposure.
Naturally, the intensity of sunlight affects body tissues and thins the skin over time. According to dermatologists, the use of broad-spectrum sunscreen can protect the dermal and epidermal layers of skin. Also, sun blockers prevent harmful radiations from penetrating the top layers of your skin.
The lips are very vulnerable to damage from the sun and can also lose collagen and elastin as the body ages. These factors might cause flakiness, dry patches and wrinkles around the lips. You can address this by applying this hydrating lip balm that has pro-collagen ingredients.
Do you want to plump the skin around your lips? As a Solvaderm Skincare formula, the Sundefend Lip Balm SPF 15 contains Octinoxate (7.5%) and Oxybenzone (4%). Sunscreen SPF 15 products such as this contain active moisturizers that minimize the onset of wrinkles, age spots and premature aging. Follow these instructions on using the Sundefend Lip Balm SPF 15.Step 1:
Apply Sundefend Lip Balm on your lips at least 15 minutes before sunlight exposure.Step 2:
Also use the balm when the lips are dry or chapped; re-apply every two hours.
The list below shows the ingredients included in the formula:
- Oxybenzone: oxybenzone acts as a filter in sunscreens. It's an organic compound that's soluble and absorbs UV light. Being an SPF 15, Sundefend Lip Balm's Oxybenzone ingredient shields consumers from ultraviolet rays. This substance is also sometimes labeled as benzonephenone-3.
- Octinoxate: this sunscreen SPF is a UV-fighting topical application for skin care. The organic compound is also called Octyl Methoxycinnamate and it's a UVB-absorbing agent. As a Sundefend Lip Balm ingredient, Octinoxate is absorbed into the tissues and cells to protect the skin. It's one of the most popular sunscreen ingredients and often used because it's a non-toxic substance. Apart from its fast rate of skin absorption, Octinoxate is a UV filter that helps the lips to regenerate skin cells.
- The Sundefend Lip Balm SPF 15 can heal, repair and plump lips
- This lip care formula can absorb harmful ultraviolet (UV-A and UV-B) rays
- One of its ingredients acts as UV-filter
- This balm can make your lips smooth and offers full sun protection